Payment & Appointments
The charge for the Initial Assessment is approximately 1.5 hours and cost is $150. Follow-up appointments last about an hour and cost $80.
Payment is due at the time of service in cash, check, or credit card.
Insurance & Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Acupuncture may be a covered option under your health insurance plan. I am credentialed by the following insurance plans:
- Kaiser Colorado Senior Advantage Members (Healthways)
- Kaiser Affinity Program (Whole Health Living)
- Unicare (Aetna)
- Cofinity (Aetna)
Other insurance plans may cover acupuncture services. Contact your provider for more information on possible coverage. A Super Bill Receipt will be provided upon request for insurance or HSA reimbursement.
Please give 24 hours notice or more if you know you will not be able to make your scheduled appointment. The full amount will be charged for missed appointments or late cancellations. Exceptions may be made in the event of family emergencies, acute medical illnesses, poor road conditions, etc…
On the Day of Treatment
- Drink plenty of water before and after treatment.
- Make sure you have eaten a regular meal within 3-4 hours prior to treatment or have had a recent snack.
- Please arrive on time or a bit early for your appointments.
- Allow at least 1.5 hours for your initial assessment/appointment and one hour for follow-up treatments.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol before/after treatment.
- Avoid temperature extremes if possible-i.e. no hot tubs or hot baths.
- Avoid wearing products with strong odors or heavy scents or make-up.
- Please turn off your cell phone during treatments.
A Complement to Western Medicine
Acupuncture has been researched and acknowledged by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the World Health Organization (WHO) for many ailments. It is safe and can be used in conjunction with many other forms of Western medicine, including physical therapy and prescription drugs or other complementary modalities such as massage & chiropractic care. If you have any questions or concerns about integrating CFEA with your current treatment regimen, please contact me for further discussion.